Please note that the poems and essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.


Tuesday 25 August 2009

Tesseract (Hypercube in Rotation)


.


File:8-cell-simple.gif






I don't have a single complete suit of clothes
In my intellectual closet. Unsystematic,
I beat up a little game and leave it to
Knottier and more robust heads to track it down.

The germs of my best thoughts hatch ab ovo.
Under questioning, I'll throw out a word or two
Merely to be suggesting something,
Just don't ask me to say anything under oath.

To mature a proposition till it's ripe
Is beyond me. I bring my corn to market still
In the green ear. Superstitious sprite
Psyche spills ink into my dreamlife, all

I can recall upon awakening is a blot
And an odd odor as of thought escaping.







Image:Piper.jpg





3D projection of a four-dimensional hypercube performing a simple rotation about a plane which bisects the figure from front-left to back-right and top to bottom: Image by Jason Hise, 2008

Piper: hyperelastic girl ("Due to lack of sleep, Piper becomes like a zombie"): screenshot from Different and the Same: Ryangibsonstewart, 2008

2 comments:

tpw said...

Nice one.

TC said...

Thanks Tim, I kind of like it too, though it scares me just a bit. I don't know if it's Piper or the rotating hypercube, something funhouse-mirror-ish in the whole gestalt... I guess that's what never sleeping does to one in the end. (But can this really be the end?)